12th edition 2021/2022
Best PHD Thesis Award 6 Bursaries for 1st Year PhD Students
Giract is proud to announce that, following the success of its unique and innovative programme to promote flavor research amongst PhD students in Europe across various universities and institutes, 5 industry sponsors will continue to support the programme, now in its eleventh year. This consortium aims to raise awareness of the industry and career opportunities in order to increase the flavor research talent pool in Europe. The 5 sponsoring companies are:
- LESAFFRE INTERNATIONAL
This twelfth edition is organised by Giract, in coordination with Andrea Cattaruzza, Director of AndCat Ltd and Professor Emeritus Andy Taylor of the University of Nottingham, UK.
To promote innovative flavor research amongst PhD students across European universities and research institutes. PhD students enrolled in universities and research institutes in 32 European countries (European Union, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Turkey and Russia) are eligible to apply.
The project targets two different groups of PhD students:
- Group 1: students who are about to complete their PhD and hence will soon be examining opportunities for employment
- Group 2: students who are about to commence their PhD studies
This is translated into the following sub-objectives:
- Publicise the attractions of flavor research so as to pull high calibre students into appropriate PhD courses and then into industry
- For Group 1:
- Solicit and evaluate innovative flavor research projects amongst these students
- Provide the Annual Savory Flavor & Food Industry Conference, held in Geneva in the spring of each year, as a platform for the winning student to present his/her work to 'potential employers'
- For Group 2:
- Award bursaries to 6 selected students who are planning to commence their PhD studies in flavor science during the 2020/2021 academic year
- Enable the 6 winning 1st year PhD students the opportunity of visiting the laboratory of certain sponsor companies during the second year of their PhD studies, by using a part of their winning bursary amount for their travel and stay. This will enable them to obtain a first-hand view of an industry R&D centre
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.