The first European Music Business Task Force programme calls for applications!
⇒ Do you want to shape the future of the European music market together with other like-minded European music business professionals? ⇐
⇒ Are you an experienced and driven music industry enthusiast between 18-35 years old? ⇐
⇒ Do you want to become part of a strong and valuable European network of young music business professionals and develop your creative leadership skills? ⇐
⇒ We believe that the world needs leaders, entrepreneurs and change-makers who are driven by a desire to disrupt the status quo! You too? ⇐
⇒ Then apply to take part in the newly formed European Music Business Task Force (short EMBTF) as the next step for your career! ⇐
The Music Cities Network is delighted to announce the open call for applications for the first European Music Business Task Force programme 2021. From August 2021 until the end of January 2022, 12 upcoming European music business professionals will have the opportunity to embark on a transnational European expedition searching for answers to the question: How can we boost European music within Europe?
The programme is organized by the transnationally acting Music Cities Network in partnership with Promus Aarhus and in collaboration with four key northern European music festivals and conventions - SPOT Festival, DK, Reeperbahn Festival, DE, Iceland Airwaves, IS, Eurosonic, NL.
The aim of the programme is to develop new insights, skills and knowledge resulting in tools and proposals for developing a strong sustainable transnational market for European Music within Europe post-Brexit as well as in pandemic times. The European Music Business Task Force programme is co-funded by the Music Moves Europe Programme of the European Commission.
The European Music Business Task Force will actively participate in the following music business festivals as part of their learning process:
- The SPOT Festival and the SPOT+ Festival conference in Aarhus, Denmark (16th - 17th of september 2021).
- The Reeperbahn Festival and the Reeperbahn Festival Conference in Hamburg, Germany (22th - 25th of september 2021).
- The Iceland Airwaves and the Airwaves Pro conference in Reykjavik, Iceland (3rd - 6th of november 2021).
- The Eurosonic Noorderslag (ESNS) and the ESNS Conference in Groningen, Netherlands (13th - 16th of january 2022).
During each of the four festivals as well as during in-between sessions, the Task Force will facilitate workshop sessions working through different problems and industry areas based on current industry challenges.
- You are between 18 and 35 years of age.
- You must be working freelance, part-time or full-time in the music sector; a.i. labels, booking, festivals, management, publishing, entrepreneurship, or other related work.
- You should have a finished degree of relevant education AND/OR have similar 2-3+ years of practical work experience within the music sector.
- You are open-minded, sociable, team-worker, visionary, progressively thinking.
- You should be able to take care of their regular job and participate in the Task Force at the same time.
- Free access to the four festivals and conferences
- Free travel and accommodation
- Future-oriented insights and courses of the most important industry trends
- Design Thinking as a method for your work
- Project management – how to invent and manage a project which creates value for all participants
- Learn how to build a team that creates value
- You will become part of a network of like-minded talents and professionals within the Music Industry
- As a participant you will be co-designing the learning process after your needs
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.