International Development Fellows Program
Catholic Relief Services' International Development Fellows Program prepares dedicated global citizens to pursue a career in international relief & development work. CRS empowers Fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Each Fellow works alongside experienced CRS staff to address critical issues facing developing countries today. CRS invites applicants of diverse backgrounds who are committed to our agency mission and strategy to join our global team.
The International Development Fellows Program is designed for individuals dedicated to a career in international development, with a focus on program management or operations. All Fellows complete a comprehensive practical training that includes project management, project design and proposal development, partnership and capacity sharing, monitoring and evaluation, budget and resource management, supply chain, logistics, human resources and security protocols.
Overseas placements are determined by CRS, and include locations around the world. Most Fellows continue to work for CRS, in a wide variety of positions, upon successful completion of the fellowship.
- Graduate degree in field relevant and applicable to international development (e.g. Agriculture, Health, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages spoken where CRS works)
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country (or 5+ years living in a developing country)
- Able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to cultivate strong relationships while working with a wide range of individuals in and outside the agency
- Effective communicator; able to develop tailored and influential messaging for varied audiences
- Proactive; willing and able to take on additional responsibility, challenge assumptions and facilitate change
- Results driven; able to set and achieve ambitious goals and instill confidence
- Strategic thinker; able to formulate guiding questions, leverage resources and find creative solutions
- Discerning; able to maintain focus and provide good judgment amidst complexity and uncertainty
- Develops others; able to listen, coach and mentor
- Agile; able to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly
- Aligned; able to support and champion the mission, vision, and values of CRS
- Motivated; interest in a career in development or emergency relief
- Flexible; willing to work in various regions and developing countries around the world.