Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program provides support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers. The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians with leading-edge scientific and research skills for Canadian industry, government and academic institutions.
To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports
- You may submit only one application per year to one granting agency (NSERC, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research [CIHR] or the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council [SSHRC]). You must not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply.
The selection committees are organized according to the following broad discipline categories:
- civil and industrial engineering
- chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering
- mechanical engineering
- electrical engineering
- computing sciences
- mathematical sciences
- physics and astronomy
- evolution and ecology
- cellular and molecular biology
- plant and animal biology
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: