Young Talents Award Programme
The L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences). Founded in 2007, the L'Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Programme aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents 2020 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. The Maghreb Young Talents Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L'Oréal and UNESCO.
Conditions of Awarding
Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
• Applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies.
• Not working permanently in 2020.
• Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields cited in paragraph 1.
• Working in one of the 4 countries listed in paragraph 1.
• Max 35 year old at the closing date of the call for applications (31 July 2020).
As established by the regional jury, the selection criteria are the following:
• The excellence of the applicant’s academic portfolio (including number, quality and impact of their publications, conference presentations, patents ...).
• The scientific quality of the research project.
• The innovative and promising character of the research work (relevant, original, unique ...) and its implementation in science.
• The socio-economic impact of the project/ research.
• The candidate’s professional experience
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.