AIFST Summer School
More than 650 students over the past nine years have attended the AIFST Summer School, coming together for an event that provides an avenue to learn, network, get inspired and promote individual research projects focusing on the food industry.
In 2020, the AIFST Summer School will be held at:
RMIT University, Melbourne
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise.
One of Australia's original tertiary institutions, RMIT University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community.
AIFST would like to thank our host institute RMIT University.
Over the course of two days, attendees will:
- Build their professional food industry network among their peers, industry and academia
- Be exposed to food industry opportunities through industry guest speakers, who can provide insight and advice on prospective career paths. Speakers may also be able to reflect on their experiences with post-study in both research and industry.
- Experience a local site tour around Melbourne with “real world” industrial or research facilities, offering opportunities to engage firsthand.
- Build on current skills through workshops designed to challenge food science and technology knowledge and encourage critical and reflective thinking.
- Build industry-relevant skills including presentation and public speaking skills with a platform for participants to present their current research in front of their peers.
- Gain opportunities to meet and talk with peers, academics and industry personnel with expertise and knowledge in different areas can even build lifelong connections.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: