Getty Graduate Internships
The grant amount is $30,000 for twelve months, plus $1,000 towards relocation expenses. Housing is not provided. Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500. Graduate Interns are eligible to enroll in the Getty's health care plan. Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions.
Intern and Trainee Visa Categories
Detailed information on visa categories, timing, and requirements is available from the Getty's Office of Scholars, Interns, and Professionals (OSIP). OSIP provides centralized administrative assistance, including support for the visa process, to Getty Trust grant recipients such as graduate interns, before and during their residence at the Getty.
How To Apply
1. Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explain how your Getty internship selections (choose two in order of preference) fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
2. Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are required for all applicants. Please limit resumes to five pages.
3. Transcript(s)/Academic Records: We require transcripts/academic records for undergraduate degree/s (completed) and graduate degree/s (completed or in progress). Multiple transcripts must be combined into a single PDF before upload. Please be aware that we may request hardcopies of official transcripts/academic records at a later date in the evaluation process.
-If you graduated from a school outside of the United States, transcripts may be substituted with proof of completed courses and/or copies of diploma(s).
-If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, provide proof of current enrollment (for example, your most recent transcript or academic record).
4. Letters of Recommendation (2): Applicants must request two confidential letters of recommendation submitted directly by their recommenders through the application system. Please note that additional letters will not be considered. Letters must be received no later than 5:00p.m. Pacific Time on November 1, 2019. Typically, the most appropriate recommenders are university faculty members who can address your academic performance. Other recommenders may include past or current employers in relevant fields who are familiar with your skills and abilities.
To request letters of recommendation, provide the name and contact information of your recommenders in the "Letters of Recommendation" section of the online application. The Getty will automatically contact your recommenders via email through the application system. You will be able to monitor your account to confirm that the letters have been submitted.
5. F-1 visa holders are required to submit copy of their I-20 form and proof that they will have enough OPT or CPT time to finish the Getty internship, if selected.