Interested in doing groundbreaking research in Germany?
The European Research Council (ERC) provides funding opportunities for excellent researchers and their teams regardless of their nationality and current place of work. Germany’s research landscape offers a wide range of outstanding host institutions in all scientific areas. The impressive number of German research institutions and universities hosting one or more of the distinguished ERC grants speaks for itself. Here you will find the ideal place for your research project and team.
What kind of grants are available?
The ERC annually launches calls for proposals for three funding schemes:
- Starting Grants, open to researchers between 2 and 7 years after PhD, maxium funding: 2 million euros.
- Consolidator Grants, open to researchers between 7 and 12 years after PhD, maxium funding: 2.75 million euros.
- Advanced Grants, open to established researchers with at least 10 years of significant research achievements, maximum funding: 3.5 million euros.
- Synergy Grants for groups of 2 to 4 researchers and their teams up to 10 million euro for a maximum of six years
The maximum period of funding for Starting Grants, Consolidator Grants and Advanced Grants is five years.
Who can apply?
What you need for your application is:
- an innovative idea for a research project at the frontiers of science,
- an excellent scientific track record (publications and other achievements)
- a host institution in Europe (any research performing organisation, i.e. universities, research organisations or private companies).
What kind of research will be funded?
Projects of innovative and groundbreaking nature in all fields of research (including Social Sciences and Humanities),
- No pre-defined thematic areas or topics ("bottom up"),
- Scientific excellence (of the scientist and the project idea) is the sole criterion for project selection
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.