59th ISODARCO Course on:
"EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES, EVOLVING NUCLEAR POSTURES, AND DETERIORATING NORMS: IS THE GLOBAL NUCLEAR ORDER ERODING?"
ANDALO (TRENTO) - ITALY
8 - 15 January 2020
|Information form for invited lecturers, observers and staff|
- English will be the working language of the School. There will be approximately 70 participants who are expected to attend all lectures and seminars and to stay for the whole of the weeklong course.
- Applications should be submitted with the following information, required also for those who have previously attended Isodarco sessions: full name; date and place of birth; gender; present full address (including e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, if available); nationality; degree and/or other academic qualifications; current professional activities and work address; list of publications and fields of interest; in lieu of publications, a letter of recommendation from a professor or a scholar in the field.
- Applicants who need a visa to come to Italy should apply to Isodarco by Thursday, October 10th, 2019, indicate in their application to which Italian Consulate they intend to apply and apply for the visa immediately after being accepted to attend the School. Many Italian Consulates are reluctant to grant visas for a course that lasts only one week and therefore the applicants must provide the Italian Consular Authorities with evidence of their professional qualifications and their specific professional interest in the topic of the course and convince them that their only reason to come to Italy is to attend the Isodarco course. Isodarco, as a NGO, is not able to influence the decisions of the Italian Consular Authorities.
Applicants who do not need a visa should apply by Wednesday, November 8th, 2019
- Applications will be considered by the Organizing Committee on the basis of the information submitted.
All applicants will be informed of the Committee's decision as soon as possible and before November 14th, 2019 (those who need a visa before October 17th).
- Participants are requested to arrive at Andalo any time on Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 and leave in the morning of Wednesday, January 15th, 2020.. The course ends on Tuesday evening.
- Participants are requested a contribution of 500.00 Euros. A reduced contribution of 300.00 Euros is requested from students born in 1992 or after and from participants from Countries with foreign currency problems. If you wish to be considered for the reduced contribution you must explain in your application why you qualify for it. Participants will be housed in double or triple rooms at Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby hotels or residences. The contribution for single room accommodation, if requested and available, will be 800.00 Euros; participants asking to share a room with somebody in particular, if possible will be requested an additional 50.00 Euros per person.
- A limited number of family members can be accommodated at the Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby. The contribution for room and board for each person is 550.00 Euros for the entire period. Given the limited number of places for families, each request will be examined on an individual basis. Participants wishing to bring their family are requested to submit their application as soon as possible.
- The school has no funds to help participants to meet travel expenses.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.