Advanced Programme in European Law and Economics
The Advanced Programme was developed for professionals coming from the European Neighbourhood Policy Countries, Central Asia and the Western Balkans. Over a period of 12 weeks, it provides a comprehensive training on the legal, economic and political functioning of the European Union (EU). In addition, the Programme includes a week-long study visit to Brussels and Luxembourg for in-person meetings in the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European External Action Service, the Court of Justice of the EU and other EU institutions.
Programme is designed for professionals from public administration, NGOs and academia with at least 2 years of professional experience.
• 12 weeks of training
• Programme divided in 3 sections: legal, economic and political
• 4 courses in each section
• Study visit to Luxembourg and Brussels
• Certificate received upon completion, allowing for later possible conversion toward a full Master's degree (at the personal expense of students)
• European Union Law
• Challenges to Democracies
• European Political Economy
• Economic Development and International Trade
• International Law
• European Integration
• Fundamental Rights
• International Sales Law
• Project Management for the Public Sector
• Economic Crisis Management
• Society and Social Issues in the European Union
• Negotiation Techniques
• National Policy Development
• Legal Drafting and Legal Certainty
• Modern Taxation, Health and Social Policy
• Budget Planning
• Good Governance, Fraud and Corruption
Each course is awarded 1.5 ECTS.
Fees & funding
The programme is free of charge.
The covered costs include:
• Study process and materials
• Travel to and from Riga, including insurance
• Accommodation in Riga
• Travel to and from Brussels and Luxembourg, including insurance
• Accommodation in Brussels and Luxembourg
• Daily subsistence for everyday needs
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.