Scholarship Program for Foreign Students
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
Each year new focus countries are selected. In 2019 interviews are conducted in Hongkong, Belgrade, Warsaw and Vilnius. If you are living in a country or region close to these cities, you may send your written application directly to the responsible regional KAS Office. Students living in countries that are not listed cannot apply for the international selection procedure.
Who are we looking for?
Our Sponsorship Program for Foreign Students (Ausländerförderung) is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree in their home country and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay at a university in Germany.
- be able to provide evidence of above average academic performance
- bring broad general education and distinct interest in political issues
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights
- have been actively engaged in voluntary work for the benefit of the people and the society in their home countries
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance towards those with different beliefs
- be highly motivated and be able to convince us with their own plans and potential.
- the participation in at least four multi-day seminars of our annual agenda,
- regular attendance and active participation in the meetings of the regional scholar group at their university.
After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
Important information regarding the formal application requirements
- The minimum period in our scholarship program is one year and the remaining length of your studies or research in Germany has to be at least two semesters. We do not provide support for bachelor studies. Only students in master, postgraduate or doctoral studies are eligible for our scholarship program.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies in another country. Human or dental medicine specialist training or post graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for a scholarship.
- There is an age limit of 30 years for all applicants.
- Our program of ideational support and the activities of the regional scholar groups are held in German. For this reason, a sufficient knowledge of the German language (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is obligatory for all scholars even if the courses of their planned studies are taught in English. In general, our scholars take and pass the DSH exam (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang – German Exam for College Admission) or the DaF-test (Deutsch als Fremdsprache – Test of German as a foreign language) with a high rating before the beginning of their university studies in Germany. In exceptional cases and for highly qualified applicants only, we financially support German language courses as preparation for studies in Germany.
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- students on master's or postgraduate degree programmes: 850 euros per month for two years
- doctoral students: 1,200 euros per month for three years
- additional allowances and subsidies
- non-material support: seminars, supervision from experts, lecturers and university groups
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: