As part of our Youth Education Program we provide up to 25 scholarships a year to undergraduates studying international business at university or college. We also make five international business scholarships available to students in programs that combine business with environmental or sustainability studies. Each scholarship is worth $4,000. You can apply anytime from the start of November to the end of February.
Applying for scholarships
To qualify for a scholarship, you must be:
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- enrolled in a full-time accredited bachelor’s degree program at a Canadian university or college
- studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses*
- returning to full-time studies for the 2019-2020 academic year
- in excellent academic standing (minimum B average)
If you’ve studied or had work experience outside of Canada, that’s an asset.
*If you’re enrolled only in environmental or sustainability studies, you would not be eligible for an EDC scholarship. Business courses are required.
Note: EDC employees and their dependents are not eligible.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application in our Careers portal under “EDC International Business Scholarships 2018-2019.” The application process starts in November and ends in February. Scholarships are awarded in the spring, and issued in the fall at the start of each academic year.
Please note, you must apply electronically: we cannot accept documents by mail, email or fax.
All eligible applications will be reviewed in March. You’ll be notified of the selection committee’s decision by early April.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.