EFB Fellowship in the Austrian Parliament 2019/2020
The Fellowship Programme at the Austrian Parliament is a practice-oriented educational programme for civil servants working in the National Parliaments of Western Balkan countries. The purpose of the programme is to give impetus to the EU integration-driven reforms of the Western Balkans’ parliament’s administrations, through building the capacities of individuals, who are acting as the agents of change. The programme targets ambitious public administration professionals with a strong commitment to contributing to the development of their societies who are lifelong learners, acquiring skills and broadening their horizons throughout their careers.
The fellowship is designed for professionals working in the administrations of the National Parliaments in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia, who are proficient in German language (B1 Level). It is a unique opportunity to familiarize with the operations and practices of the Austrian Parliament, as well as to observe and to learn from administrative staff and professionals about different aspects of their work.
The fellows will get the possibility to work in particular in one of the following fields of the Austrian parliamentary administration: central administrative services, plenary meetings, committee support, legal, legislative and research affairs, IT, EU participation, communication.
The Programme is specifically designed for civil servants from the national Parliaments in the Western Balkans who have several years of professional experience in public administration and have already assumed initial managerial responsibilities. The eligible applicants should be/have:
• national of one of the Western Balkan countries,
• at least 3 years as a civil servant for the Parliament,
• excellent academic qualifications,
• very good knowledge of English,
• at least B1 proficiency level of German language (the level will be checked during the interview)
• sound knowledge of national and international politics and economics,
• strong interest in the political development of Europe,
• ability and readiness to acquaint oneself with various different topics in a short period of time,
• ability and readiness to complete inter-disciplinary work in inter-departmental working groups,
• ability and readiness to organise one’s own life arrangements in a new environment.
The selection of applicants is conducted in two phases – technical and qualitative selection. Technical selection is an administrative review, performed by the EFB’s General Secretariat staff. Technically non-compliant applications will be automatically rejected and applicants will be notified. Applicants pre-selected for qualitative selection may be requested to send a copy of their university diploma via e-mail. The copy of the diploma should be sent together with the translation into English. Qualitative selection will be based on a skype interview.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: