CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) hosts the Doctoral Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business” (ERL). For admissions in October 2019, the program will award up to
SIX DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS.
Four scholarships are financed by the Karl Schlecht Foundation (KSG), two by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW). The scholarship includes a monthly stipend of 1,350 € and a membership in the doctoral program. The international doctoral program academically and financially supports doctoral students, who develop scientifically well-founded and practically relevant answers to questions arising in the research areas of economic, corporate, and leadership ethics. The doctoral program target highly qualified, socially engaged, and globally thinking, active young scholars and practitioners from all over the world.
Thematic Focus of the Program and the Scholarships Ethics of order, corporate ethics, and leadership ethics make up the research areas of the doctoral program. In particular, this program focusses on the framework for entrepreneurial value creation for the good of people, society, and the environment, on the responsibilities placed on companies and the social trust in companies and their decision makers, and on good leadership. The dissertation projects of applicants must fit to the thematic focus of the doctoral program and the research interests of the supervising professors.
- Prof. Dr. Laura Marie Edinger-Schons Chair of Corporate Social Responsibility University of Mannheim
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Pies Chair of Business Ethics Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Schreck Friede-Springer Endowed Chair of Business Ethics and Management Accounting Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Suchanek Dr. Werner Jackstädt Chair of Economic and Business Ethics HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Applicants’ dissertation topics can directly relate to one of the topics proposed by the supervising professors but are not limited to these topics.
An application comprises the following documents:
• Letter of motivation (in English, max. 1000 words) • Personal data sheet/CV (in German or English)
• Academic reference letter
• Exposé of research idea (in German or English; max. 5000 words)
• Copies of bachelor´s, master’s, magister and/or diploma certificates (or a provisional certificate) with all individual grades that are relevant for the examination and final grade
• Internship and employment certificates (if applicable)
• Certification / proof of voluntary work (if applicable)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.