Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme for PhD studies and postdoctoral research
Apply if you match one of the following categories
The scholarship provides PhD students, postdoctoral and senior researchers of all ages with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within the field of social sciences. To qualify you need to belong to one of the following categories:
- PhD student – PhD students/candidates applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months. Priority will be given to students enrolled in PhD programmes in Turkey.
- Postdoctoral or senior researcher – Holders of a PhD degree applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months.
Available scholarship periods
1 September 2019–29 February 2020 (6 months)
1 January 2020–30 June 2020 (6 months)
1 September 2019–31 May 2020 (9 months)
1 January 2020–30 September 2020 (9 months)
1 September 2019–31 August 2020 (12 months)
1 January 2020–31 December 2020 (12 months)
You cannot be granted a scholarship if you:
- have already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin
- already have a permanent Swedish residence permit
- have a Swedish work permit and are currently employed in Sweden
- are applying for a scholarship at postdoctoral level, but do not hold a PhD degree
- have already been awarded three or more scholarships/grants from SI
- are applying for a scholarship at PhD level but are not enrolled in ongoing PhD studies outside of Sweden
The aim of the programme is to facilitate closer links between Turkey and the European Union, and to contribute to sustainable social development in the region in line with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and with special focus on strengthened democracy, respect for human rights and the rule of law.
Thematically the programme prioritizes the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 4: Quality education
- Goal 5: Gender equality
- Goal 10: Reduced inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
- The scholarship is available only for studies and research within the field of social sciences.
- The scholarship is designed to cover living costs for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. No funding for bench fees is provided.
- The granted scholarship period cannot be altered, postponed or extended. However, it is possible to apply for subsequent funding through a new call for applications.
- In case of a postponed arrival date, the scholarship period may be reduced accordingly.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: