Call for Applications
The Max Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies (Max-Weber-Kolleg) at the University of Erfurt is an Institute for Advanced Study and permanent graduate school. Within its Weberian research programme, it hosts several interdisciplinary research projects. We currently invite applications for doctoral researchers and post-doctoral researchers (for habilitation projects) in the fields of Sociology, History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Economics, Law and Theology. Positions are to be filled by 1 October 2018 or 1 April 2019 for a period of 36 months for doctoral projects and of 12 months for postdoctoral projects. (Further extension possible, depending on personal requirements and institutional settings.)
Our Weberian research programme – interdisciplinary social and cultural sciences with a long historical perspective and an interest in normative questions – is specified for the next years as culture comparative research on self-world relations and has three interrelated main topics:
- Normativity and Social Critique
- Space-Time Regimes and Social Order
- Religious Innovation
Within the last topic, specific fellowships for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers are available in the framework of the Max-Planck-Forschungspreis of Hans Joas. Applications for this funding scheme have to fit into the research programme of the project “Religion and Modernity: Secularization, Social and Religious Plurality”, especially with regard to the following three subjects: history of moral universalism; historical and comparative sociology of religion and pragmatism/historicism.
- Excellent degree (MA for doctoral, Doctorate/PhD for postdoctoral positions) in or a closely related discipline
- Knowledge of English and German (at least reading skills; candidates without knowledge of German are requested to take courses), and other languages relevant for the research planned
- Willingness to cooperate within the research project and to take part in the study programme within the interdisciplinary research environment of the Max-Weber-Kolleg
- Willingness to pursue a doctorate or habilitation at the University of Erfurt. For more information about the Max-Weber-Kolleg see: www.uni-erfurt.de/maxwe
Application Deadline Please submit your application with CV, copies of your final school and university degrees, a copy of your MA or diploma resp. dissertation thesis, one letter of recommendation and an outline of the project you would like to pursue (3000-5000 words) with a stringent discussion of your research questions, the state of research on the topic, your methodological approach and the leading hypotheses as well as a working schedule and projected date of completion as pdf-files (maximum of 10 MB) and up to three publications (if applicable) by 15 September 2018 to:University of Erfurt • Max-Weber-Kolleg • email@example.com
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.