YOUTH FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Eastern Partnership Youth Conference “Youth for Entrepreneurship” 2018 will gather around 130 participants, including 90 young people with entrepreneurial ideas in order to tackle the skills challenges. It will beorganised by the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) on 8-9 November in Vienna, Austria.
The idea of the conference builds on the previous work and commitments, especially regarding the Eastern Partnership Platform 4 “Mobility and People to People Contacts” and the Deliverable 18 of the EaP 20 Deliverables for 2020. The European Union promotes entrepreneurship as a key competence that can boost competitiveness and growth. As a result, entrepreneurship education is now being increasingly encouraged across the EU and in the EU Neighbourhood. Entrepreneurship and self-employment are seen as pathways for young people to emerge from unemployment.
It will be the second Eastern Partnership Youth Conference after the 2016 edition “Youth for Rights”, which took place in Bratislava (Slovakia) and it was also organised by the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) with support from the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union and the European Commission. In 2016, 145 young human rights activists from the EaP countries, Russia, Turkey and the EU gathered together.
Call for Participants
- Are you a citizen of one of the Eastern Partnership countries?
- Do you want to tackle social problems in your local community/town/country?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial idea?
- Do you want to establish a social enterprise?
- Do you want to participate in the Eastern Partnership Youth Conference from 8-9 November in Vienna, Austria?
Apply for the Social Entrepreneurship Summer Schools to be organized in Armenia (for participants from Armenia, Georgia and Moldova) and Ukraine (for participants from Azerbaijan, Belarus and Ukraine) at the end of September and beginning of October, 2018 (September 24-30, October 1-7, 2018 respectively).
About Social Entrepreneurship (SE) Schools
At the Social Entrepreneurship School, participants will learn to identify social problems, think how to solve them through a holistic approach and develop concrete local or cross-border social entrepreneurship ideas.
The School will help participants developing a number of skills, including communication and analytical skills, creative and strategic thinking, empathy, leadership, and problem solving.
Selected participants from the Eastern Partnership countries should be available to join BOTH the School (in Armenia for Armenian, Georgia and Moldovan participants or in Ukraine, for Azeri, Belarusian and Ukrainian participants) and the Eastern Partnership Youth Conference in Vienna (8-9 November). Participation in both events is mandatory. Please consult the timeline before submitting your application.
About the Eastern Partnership Youth Conference “Youth for Entrepreneurship”
The Eastern Partnership Youth Conference “Youth for Entrepreneurship” 2018 will gather around 130 participants, including 90 young people with entrepreneurial ideas from the EaP countries, EU member states, Russia and Turkey in order to tackle the skill gap. It will be organised by the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) on 8-9 November in Vienna, Austria.
Who can participate:
- are between 18 and 30 years old
- have an entrepreneurial idea and are interested in establishing a social enterprise;
- have between 6 and 24 months experience working in the field of social entrepreneurship;
- are citizens of the Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine)
- want to tackle a social problem/s in their local community/town/country
- are proficient in English (for applicants from the EaP countries good knowledge of Russian is appreciated and provides an advantage during the selection process)
- Please note that we will respect the gender balance (50% of participants will be male and 50% will be female).
- Applications will be reviewed based on the answers to the questionnaire below with the selection criteria in mind.
Application deadline: 17 August, 2018
Selection deadline and information: 3 September, 2018
SE School in AM (for AM, GE, MD): 24-30 September, 2018
SE School in UA (for AZ, BY, UA): 1-7 October, 2018
EaP Youth Conference in Vienna: 8-9 November, 2018
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.