International perspectives on education policy (IPEP) - November 11th-16th, 2018
This Winter School will consider theories and methods relevant across the field of educational policy research. It is designed for PhD students, postdoctoral fellows and researchers of policy in all areas of education, but is suitable also for advanced master students. The School will include an explicit focus on policy related to higher and adult education, but the specific content of activities will be developed in the light of the participants’ profiles.
IPEP stems from co-operation between the University of Verona (Department of Human Sciences), Aalborg University (Department of Learning and Philosophy), the University of Nottingham (School of Education), and the Institute of Research on Population and Social Policies of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR-IRPPS), co-founders of the International Research Centre for Global and Comparative Policy Studies on the Education and Learning of Adults (IRC-GloCoPoS).
In continuity with the last year, the second IPEP Winter School will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about, and discuss:
- The nature and the role of ‘theory’ in the understanding of educational policy
- The relationship between global, national, and institutional governance in education
- The strengths and limits of document analysis, discourse analysis and educational ethnography to investigate education policy
- Current discourses on new technologies, their consequences and educational responses to them
- Urgent education policy issues in the countries represented by the participants
It will be held at the University of Verona (Italy) from 11th to 16th November 2018. Lectures and discussions on theories and methods will be supplemented with hands-on experience on education policy analysis. During the Winter School, all students will be involved in a small case study on higher education, facilitated by fieldwork (on campus), and joint data analysis.
In order to be considered eligible to apply for an ESREA Travel Bursary, applicants must:
- be an individual or institutional ESREA member;
- have been offered a place at the IPEP Winter School 2018; and
- submit a fully completed ESREA Travel Bursary Application Form by September 22nd, 2018.
Notification of award recipients will take place no later than September 29th, 2018.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.