ISTC RESEARCH TRAVEL GRANT 2018
ISTC with the support of USAID Armenia and Enterprise Incubator Foundation is announcing new ISTC Research Travel Grant Program.
The purpose of the program is to implement funding for research teams to exchange their experiences with US Research teams and collaborate with US research institutions. The goal is to bring joint research projects to Armenia.
Who can apply
The program is open for ongoing or already established research projects, idea stage applications will not be considered.
Research Key Priority Areas
- Research main areas: The main areas for Research are: Cognitive computing (AI), Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and Blockchains.
- Secondary Research areas: Internet of things, bioinformatics.
- Industries: The target industries that are intended as a base for the Research selection are the following: banking and finance, transportation, healthcare, life sciences, retail, telecommunications, energy, and water. The stated industries are not limitations, but will accordingly allow finding a partnership for further commercialization of the Research.
Funding will be provided for up to 14 days of stay in US for 1 team member, including travel fare, hotel and daily allowance.
The funding is limited and will be granted based on committee decision on first come first served basis, award issuance is due to received travel VISA from US Embassy.
- Evaluation Committee will be formed by ISTC and consist of representatives from Academia and Private sector.
- The evaluators will make the recommendation based on the evaluation of application package against set evaluation criteria
- Evaluation will be completed within 3 weeks after the deadline.
- The selection committee will be formed by ISTC. The selection committee will make the decision regarding the grant winners based on the evaluation results received from Evaluation Committee. The decision of Selection Committee is final.
To receive US Travel Funding you should provide:
- Report on your research project up to now covering:
- Problem Statement and Scientific/Technical Objectives (500 words)
- Research Project Description and Proposed Interventions/Technical Approach (1000 words)
- Impact, Outcomes, and Success Criteria which shall be measurable (500 words)
- Research team members and background (500 words)
- Current stage and implementation plan (500 words)
- Explain US travel opportunity and collaboration with the hosting institution, including: Describe the host side; Describe how joint collaboration can be created; Describe the outcomes of the travel you are anticipating. (500 words)
- Provide Invitation letter from hosting US research institution
- Provide 3 reference letters
We are inviting all interested candidates for Info-session on June 11, where we will answer to all your questions.
Download the template of Concept Paper here and make sure to Submit the Application set below by June 26.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us with this email- firstname.lastname@example.org