EU-Australia Leadership Forum 2018
The EU-Australia Leadership Forum is looking for promising young leaders from Australia and the EU to take part in the Emerging Leaders Forum/Senior Leaders Forum which will take place in Brussels from 18 to 22 November 2018.
The annual Forum brings together key European and Australian young and senior leaders to provide input and ideas designed to diversify and intensify the EU-Australia relationship in key areas. As part of the annual EU-Australia Leadership Forum an Emerging Leaders Forum is run immediately prior to, and in conjunction with the Senior Leaders Forum.
The EU-Australia Leadership Forum is a unique project funded by the European Union, running from 2016 until 2019. The core of the project is the EU-Australia Senior and Emerging Leaders Forum, a high-level event that is held alternately in Australia and in Europe. The project's overall objective is to broaden and deepen the existing ties between the EU and Australia and in so doing, to help shape the vision for the partnership, based on the EU-Australia Framework Agreement and the forthcoming negotiations for an EU-Australia Free Trade Agreement.
- 18 June 2018 - Applicants are informed of decisions
- 18-22 November 2018 - Emerging Leaders’ Forum, Brussels, Belgium
Applicants to the 2018 Emerging Leaders’ Forum must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Aged 35 years or under at the time of the closing date for applications (31 May 2018);
- Citizen/permanent resident of Australia or an EU Member State;
- Proven leadership ability in the government, business, civil society, academia, or media sectors;
- Five years of professional experience after the first university graduation; and
- Professional experience in the priority areas of the EU-Australia relationship with particular preference to be given to this year's roundtable themes of:
- Movement of people: EU and Australian perspectives;
- Environment, climate change and energy transition;
- Industry 4.0;
- Women’s leadership in Europe and Australia;
- Regional challenges: the view from the Indo-Pacific and the EU;
- Digitalisation with a focus on privacy and data protection;
- Space cooperation: the next frontier; and
- Civil society in the EU-Australia relationship.
Please note that previous Emerging Leaders Forum participants are not eligible to apply.
About the application process
The application process has multiple steps.
In step 1 you will be asked to provide your personal details and contact information.
In step 2 (qualifications) you will be asked to provide information about your educational qualifications, language skills and membership of professional bodies (if applicable).
In step 3 (personal statements) you will be asked to provide three statements of no more than 300 words each.You are suggested to prepare these statements in advance and paste them into the form. You will be asked the following questions:
- Please outline your motivation for participating in the Emerging Leaders’ Forum and outlook your involvement in the future of the EU-Australia relationship including any specific topics you would like to raise.
- Please outline your professional qualifications as they relate to the key issue areas.
- Please outline any relevant professional involvement in the other region (EU or Australia).
In Step 4 you will be required to upload copies of the following documents:
- Educational qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the information page of your passport or proof of citizenship
- Two written references
- One-two writing samples (optional)
Allowable file types are gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, txt, pdf, doc, and docx. The maximum size of each file is 8 MB.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.