Master's Degree Programmes
The Università degli Studi di Brescia for the Academic Years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020, hereby issues this Call for the awarding of no. 15 scholarships to students holding a Bachelor's Degree of the minimum duration of three years, obtained in a non-EU country. The overall gross amount of each scholarship is 5,500.00 €, and they shall be distributed as follows:
- Communication Technologies and Multimedia maximum 4 scholarships
- Civil and Environmental Engineering maximum 4 scholarships
- Management (International Business Curriculum or Green Economy and Sustainability) maximum 4 scholarships
- Science and Technologies for Population Health and Wealth maximum 3 scholarships
- Being a resident and domiciled abroad
- Holding a Bachelor's Degree of the minimum duration of three years, obtained in a non-EU country and suitable for the Master’s Degree Programme chosen by the applicant
Students wishing to apply for the scholarships must submit an application, enclosing therewith the documents specified below, in the period between 10 March 2018 and 13:00 Italian time of 30 April 2018, via the PICA procedure made available at: https://pica.cineca.it/unibs/scholarship-lmint-2018/domande/
Only one Master’s Degree Programme may be chosen in the application. Incomplete applications and/or those missing the required documentation will not be considered. The Board reserves the right to require additional documents and/or interview candidates via Skype.The documents to be enclosed with the application are the following:
- Applications for the participation in the Call including name, surname, gender, date of birth, birthplace (Country), nationality, address, personal e-mail address, telephone number, Skype name;
- Certificate attesting the Bachelor's Degree held by the applicant and related academic career. Said certificate may be produced in either Italian, English, French or Spanish. Said certificate must include the name of the study qualification held, the final score achieved, the minimum and maximum obtainable score, the year of completion, the name and address of the issuing University, a list of exams taken with scores and credits achieved;
- The indication of the single Study Programme for which the admission application will be submitted;
- A valid identity document;
- Applicants who have not undertaken their study pathway in English must attach a certificate of proficiency in English (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL), of at least B2 level;
- Curriculum vitae (in Italian or English, max. 1 page);
- Reference letter or name and e-mail of a professor from the University of origin (optional);
Preparation of the ranking list
The merit ranking list will be drawn up by a special Board set up by Chancellor's Decree. Scholarships shall be awarded based on the results of their comparative assessment, to be performed by the Board according to the criteria specified below; these criteria must be given priority and accounted for in the Board's final report:
- Suitability of the Bachelor's Degree held by the applicant for admission onto the chosen Master's Degree Programme;
- Assessment of the applicant's merit and curriculum vitae;
- Favour the allocation of scholarships to candidates of different nationalities; in case of equal merit between several applicants, account shall also be taken of the 'priority countries’ list defined by the Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione e lo Sviluppo (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation), available at https://www.aics.gov.it/?page_id=18113, as well as of the countries selected by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) for the 'Invest Your Talent in Italy' initiative, i.e., Azerbaijan, Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam; in addition, account shall also be taken of the applicants' universities of origin which have a cooperation agreement in place with the Università di Brescia.
In the event of several applicants with the same scoring, priority shall be given to the younger ones. Any scholarships not allocated due to the exhaustion of winning positions in one of the ranking lists, shall be redistributed on the basis of criteria to be defined by the Board. The ranking lists will be published on the University website www.unibs.it The total number of scholarships may be increased in the event additional funding becoming available.
Renewal of scholarships for the Academic Year 2019/2020
Students awarded with scholarships will have their scholarships renewed under the same financial conditions for the Academic Year 2019/2020, provided that they obtain at least 24 CFU (University Credits) by 10 August 2019. Upon evaluation by the Chancellor's Delegate for Internationalisation, the said deadline for CFU acquisition may be postponed for students who could not attend the first semester of the Academic Year 2018/2019 due to problems in obtaining theirs Entry Visas for Italy.
Payment of scholarships
The scholarships shall be paid to successful applicants, provided that they have correctly enrolled into the first (2018/2019) or second (2019/2020) Academic Year of the Master's Degree Programme. The scholarships shall be paid in a single installment within 30 days of enrolment for the Academic Year 2018/2019 or 2019/2020. The scholarships will be subject to withholding tax and social security contributions provided for by applicable law; the relevant expenses borne by the University will also be deducted from the scholarships. The net amount of the scholarship is established according to the financial and household situation of the successful candidate, e.g., the minimum tax rate applied currently is 8.5%, equivalent to the IRAP (Imposta Regionale sullen Attività Produttive - regional tax on production activities) to be deducted from the scholarship in case application of personal tax deductions is required.
In order to enroll in the Master's Degree Programme, the successful candidates must:
- Follow the procedures defined by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research (MIUR) for the admission of non-EU students residing abroad at Italian Universities, available at http: /www.studiare-initalia.it/studentistranieri/;
- Register for the Master's Degree Programme admission procedures at the Università di Brescia within the terms and in the ways specified in the relevant Call for applications, which will be published on https://www.unibs.it/didattica/segreteria-studenti-line/iscriversi-ai-nostri-corsi;
- Fall within the number of places of the Master's Degree Programme of their choice reserved for non-EU candidates residing abroad.
The candidate is recommended to contact the Italian Embassy or Consulate in his/her country of residence upon submitting his/her application for scholarship, in order to be able to obtain in due time his/her Study Visa (type D) for entering Italy, the legalisation of documents attesting the Bachelor's Degree he/she has obtained abroad and the Declaration of Value. All information relating to enrolment procedures may be requested from the address Internationalstudents@unibs.it.
Fees, accommodation and restaurant services
Successful candidates must still pay:
- University fees;
- Accommodation in University residences, if required;
- Restaurant services
The amount to be paid will be determined according to the financial situation to be certified according to the instructions that will be given to the successful candidates pursuant to Italian law.
The scholarship in question cannot be awarded to students who benefit/will benefit from other scholarships provided by Italian Public Entities for the Academic Year of reference.
Pursuant to and for the effects of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, any personal information gathered shall be processed, including with IT tools, exclusively for the purposes of the procedure for which such information are provided. (See University Regulation on Personal Data Protection).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.