Regulation of the 2018 President's Scholarship for International Students of SWUFE
The President's Scholarship for International Students of the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (hereinafter referred to as SWUFE) is set to enhance the friendship between the Chinese people and other people from all countries, promote world-wide exchanges in economy and culture, encourage and help those international students who perform well, both morally and academically, and learn diligently to form a positive learning environment.
SWUFE provides Full Scholarships and Partial Scholarships.Full Scholarships include tuition, accommodation on campus, living allowance, and international student comprehensive medical insurance. Details are as follows:
a) Tuition: Waived
b) Accommodation on campus: RMB 500-800/month (Different types of dormitory)
c) Living allowance: RMB 1200/month for bachelor students, RMB 1500/month for master students and RMB 1800/month for PhD students.
d) Medical insurance fee: Waived
Partial Scholarship only includes tuition. Availability of scholarships is merit-based. According to the situation of effective application, quota and type of scholarships are decided by the CIE each year.
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local governments, as well as the regulations of SWUFE.
A. Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have a graduate certificate from high schools
B. Applicants for master's degree studies must have a bachelor's degree
C. Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master's degree
Applicants must meet all requirements of the majors, including academic level, research ability, language level and others.
The maximum age of applicants is 30 years of age for a bachelor's degree program, 35 years of age for a master's degree program, and 40 years of age for a PhD program. Applicants are not sponsored by any other type of scholarship.
Minimum Language Requirement
1. Language of instruction in Chinese: HSK 4
2. Language of instruction in English: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80
Applicants shall all submit their online applications and upload all documents required as below:
1. International Students Application Form of the President's Scholarship of SWUFE
2. One passport photo, not older than 6 months
3. Highest educational degree or diploma certificate
4. Highest educational transcript
5. Copy of the first page of your passport
6. Two recommendation letters
The referee should be professor or associate professor or person with the relevant academic titles.
7. Copy of a language certificate
8. Medical Examination Report (not older than one year)
9. Other optional documents
If necessary, the admission office will require applicants to submit extra documents.
1. The application fee is 600 RMB. If you want to make the payment online, please follow the instructions on the application website. You may also come to our office to pay cash or with a bank card having the UnionPay logo on it. We don’t accept traveler’s checks or other payment methods.
2. Application without paying the application fee will not be processed.
3. Application fee is not refunded under any circumstances.
1. After the review of the applicants’ application forms and supporting documents, the CIE admission office will inform the applicants about the admission results.
2. Applicants can check the admission results in the online application system.
3. If an applicant is awarded, the CIE will send an email to inform the awardee about the result. the CIE admission office is responsible for issuing the admission letters and visa documents.
The registration date for students is usually September. Please follow the exact registration date that is stated in the admission letter. Please register on time. For those who do not register on time as requested in the admission letter, SWUFE reserves the right to withdraw the admission offer and the scholarship offer.
1. International students who have been granted a scholarship are required to complete the Scholarship Annual Review Form, and submit it together with supplementary materials, such as transcripts, certificates of awards, letters of recommendation and publications to the CIE before May 1st each year. If students fail the annual reviews, SWUFE CIE reserves the right to suspend the scholarship, reduce it, or terminate the scholarship.
2. The CIE does not explain any reason to applicants in case their applications have not been approved.
3. The SWUFE CIE does not accept any applications from a third party. For this type of scholarships, applicants must apply directly to the CIE.
4. Language requirements are basic requirements, but not the only requirement. CIE will apply a merit-based principle. If the applicants’ first language is English and apply for an English-taught program, applicants are not required to provide any English language proficiency certificate.
5. The content above is subject to change based on changes of Chinese laws and regulations in 2018.
6. The content above is subject to final explanations of the College of International Education at the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. It is also subject to change and may be updated at any time.
7. Please check the website of the CIE frequently for updated information
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.