The first edition of Energy Policy Group’s Energy Summer School will be held between 23 – 27 July 2018 in Bucharest, with a focus on “Smart Transformation in the Energy Sector”.
The energy sector is undergoing deep changes. These days, maybe more than ever, young professionals that are studying, working or that are just being interested in the energy field for its interconnections with the economy, society and environment, need a broader grasp of the sector.
To this purpose, the global trends on the energy markets and in policy making have to be well understood, in their mutually influencing dynamics and against the background of the energy sector’s greatest externality: global warming.
A through discussion of the oil and gas sector, with its challenges and prospects, as well as of alternative fuels (electricity, biofuels, natural gas, and hydrogen) will take place in order to put the future of transportation in the right perspective. Then, the risks and opportunities of the nuclear sector will be highlighted, but also the transition elements to a clean and safe power generation system.
Special attention will be given to digitalization, smart technologies, energy efficiency and emerging products and services (demand-response and storage, just to name a few), while also considering requirements of sustainability and affordability.
The EPG 2018 Energy Summer School will strive to draw a balance between interactive seminars or debate sessions, led by reputed international and Romanian experts, and field trips to a variety of energy sector assets and facilities.
The Summer School is targeted for master/PhD students and for young professionals (max. 5 years of experience), interested in or studying/working in the energy sector or related fields (e.g.economics, law, political science, environmental studies, etc.). 23 places are available for the 2018 edition of EPG Summer School.
- Stage 1: Open Call – Early Bird – 22th of January – 18th of February
- Stage 2: Open Call – 19th of February – 31st of March
- Stage 3: Evaluation of applications – 1st of April – 8th of April
- Stage 4: Announcement of selected participants – 9th of April
- Stage 5: Fee payment period (based on the moment the application was sent – early bird or standard) – 9-22th of April
- Early Bird: 250 Euro*
- Standard Call: 300 Euro*
Energy Policy Groups offers 3 scholarships (out of 23 places available) for the 2018 Summer School. The scholarships will be selected regardless of the submission period (early bird or standard)
* The fees include educational program and course materials, catering during sessions, transport to all venues included in the program). The fees do not include transportation to/from Bucharest and accommodation.
The Summer School is designed for English speakers, therefore a good command of the language is needed.
To apply to EPG Summer School 2018, the applicants need to provide a Curriculum Vitae, which needs to contain:
- Details about the applicant (name, surname, nationality, date and place of birth),
- Contact information (telephone, e-mail, Facebook/LinkedIn profile)
- Academic information (current and former studies; if the case – publications, other courses, other summer schools)
- Employment information, if the case (current and former positions and job responsibilities; if the case – publications, training)
- English language skills
The applications must be sent, in accordance with the above-mentioned timeline, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Energy Policy Group (EPG) is a Bucharest-based non-profit, independent think-tank specializing in energy policy, market analytics and energy strategy, grounded in February 2014
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.