SUMMER INSTITUTE FOR ISRAEL STUDIES
The Summer Institute for Israel Studies provides a rigorously academic approach to the teaching of Israel Studies on college campuses. Since 2004, university and college faculty members are invited here to develop courses in history, politics, film, Jewish studies, religion, law, anthropology, linguistics, security studies, and more.
Competitive fellowships are open to faculty members in the humanities and social sciences. Faculty teaching outside of Israel are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applicants teaching at North American institutions.
Application deadline: January 22, 2018
Online application here. Questions? Contact Keren Goodblatt at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Applicants must be actively teaching at a college or university that has approved their plans to introduce a course on Israel Studies.*
June 19 - July 1, 2018: Seminar at Brandeis
July 2 - 11, 2018: Israel Study Tour
- Stipend of up to $2,500
- Travel (within North America and to Israel), accommodations, and most meals covered
- World-class faculty from Israel and the U.S. teach Brandeis seminar
- Leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts meet with group in Israel
- Create a syllabus and leave equipped to teach a new course in any discipline
- Join a network of 290 faculty members — teaching at over 200 institutions worldwide — supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources and continuing professional development.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.