2018-19 Fellowship Competition for U.S. Scholars Conducting Field-Based Research on Palestine
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 19th annual U.S. research fellowship competition for doctoral students or scholars who have earned their PhD and whose research will contribute to Palestinian studies.
Information about the fellowship competition:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, law, health, and applied sciences. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is limited to one year of research.
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible for this competition.
- Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. U.S. permanent residents are not eligible for this competition.*
- Applicants must be PARC members. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Scholars from Minority Serving Institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: