The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) and Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) are now accepting applications from Tunisian undergraduate students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD)
Tunisia UGRAD builds the workforce capacity of a diverse group of youth leaders from across Tunisia. Through year-long programs of study in the US, exploration of American culture, community service, and professional internships, participants develop a broad and nuanced understanding of US values and become 21st century global citizens prepared to contribute to the economic growth and development of Tunisia.
The Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program provides opportunities for undergraduate students from Tunisia who are enrolled in Tunisian universities to attend one year of non-degree study at accredited U.S. universities and colleges. Participants take courses in their field of study as well as in American studies. A broad range of academic disciplines are eligible. In addition to coursework, participants gain practical experience through community service projects and professional internships.
Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by Monday, November 27, 2017, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time. Only complete applications, which include a complete application form with two complete reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, or fourth year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third- and fourth-year of undergraduate study.
- If you study at an ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) please see the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program application;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is able to receive a US J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2018;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program; and
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or is likely to achieve this score after short-term pre-academic English training in the United States prior to the start of the academic year.
If you have questions about the Tunisia UGRAD application, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) is funded by the US Department of State and implemented by IREX.
For more information click "Further official information" below.