The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD) and Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) are now accepting applications from Tunisian undergraduate students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program's Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP)
As part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) builds the workforce capacity of a diverse group of young technical institute students from across all regions of Tunisia. Through US-based training and practical experience in leadership positions and community engagement opportunities, Tunisian youth gain the skills to contribute to economic development in Tunisia.
The Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program provides opportunities for ISET, ISSAT, and IHET students from Tunisia to pursue professional certificates in select technical fields of study at U.S. community colleges. Eligible fields of study for the 2018-2019 academic year are applied engineering, business administration and management, information technology, and tourism and hospitality management. Participants engage in service learning and internships to gain practical, professional experience.
We encourage applicants to complete the application online. Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by Monday, November 27, 2017, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time. Only complete applications, which include a complete application form with two complete reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie);
- Is able to receive and maintain a US J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completing the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 440 (PBT) or is likely to achieve this score after short-term preacademic English training in the United States prior to the start of the academic year; and
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2018.
If you have questions about the TCCSP application, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) is funded by the US Department of State and implemented by IREX.
For more information click "Further official information" below.