Ghent University's Russia Platform Short-term Fellowship Program
The Russia Platform welcomes applications for visiting fellows for 2018. The Russia Platform is one of the six regional platforms of Ghent University. Its ambition is to coordinate, facilitate and stimulate cooperation with Russia and knowledge about Russia in the field of education, research and service to society. From 2018 onwards the Russia Platform aims to host three visiting fellows every year. Awardees will spend minimum one month for a research stay at Ghent University.
The Russia Platform Fellowships are geared towards scholars who have earned their doctoral degree and who are affiliated with a Russia based higher education or research institution.
The fellowships include a grant of 2000 € for a minimum stay of one month, which is meant to cover (part of the) travel costs, housing and living expenditures. The visiting scholars will be given an office space and access to facilities (such as the library) as a Ghent University visitor.
The fellowships can be taken up at any time in 2018, summer months excluded and with a preference for the period March – June. Awardees are expected to be present at Ghent University, to take part in its academic activities and to contribute to its intellectual community. Visiting scholars will give at least one lecture or seminar to fellow researchers and students. For this reason, awardees are required to have an excellent command of English.
Three fellowships will be awarded in 2018:
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Arts & Philosophy, Law & Criminology, Economics & Business Administration, Psychology & Educational Sciences, Political & Social Sciences
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Sciences, Engineering & Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Medicine & Health Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at any of the faculties above
How to apply
Your application should be in English, the application form includes the following sections:
- Personal information
- A cover letter, in which you indicate the mobility period and the research group you would like to be affiliated with and in which you motivate how your current and future research would benefit from a research stay at Ghent University
- A research plan (research objectives, methods and materials, a work plan for the intended visit, possible long-term cooperation plans, bibliography, …) of max. 2500 words
- A list of your five most important publications and a 250 words explanation for each of those publications why you consider them your most important publications
- Your signature and the signature of the UGent promotor
- Your CV (max 2 pages) in annex to the application form
The application should be submitted by email to email@example.com in one PDF file before 30 November 2017 (by 23:59h CET). Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Selection criteria and procedures
The following criteria will be taken into account in the selection procedure:
- The candidate’s profile
- The overall quality of the proposal
- The motivation and feasibility of the research plan
- Added value/sustainability
Ghent University conducts an active policy for diversity and equal opportunities and encourages everybody to apply. The selection committee will also strive for a balance in sending institutions.
A selection committee with representatives from different faculties will review the applications.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: