What’s Behind the Numbers? Finance Fundamentals for Non-Financial Decision Makers, February 17-March 3, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
The course is designed to provide sufficient knowledge and application regarding basic finance, financial and management accounting, so that the participants are able to understand and apply the basic financial concepts in their day to day business activities.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Understand the main elements and overall structure of the finance in the business.
- Differentiate the types of the expenses in the organization and how these can be used in order to arrive to the cost of the products/services.
- Differentiate the methods of calculating the costs of the products/services with the respective advantages and disadvantages; to be able to apply them.
- Understand the structure of inventory, labor and overheads, as well as the methods of controlling and evaluating the respective costs (i.e. EOQ, FIFO/LIFO, apportionment based on the cost drivers, incentive schemes).
- To be able to apply the main pricing policies of the products/services. Understand how the pricing can affect the competitive advantage of the company.
- Understand the time value of money and its practical application.
- Review the standard costs, budgets, their types and the preparation process.
- Financial Statements, elements underling them and the logic of the preparation.
Start Date: February 17–March 3, 2017
Hours: 3 weeks, 15 hours
Schedule: Wednesdays and Fridays, 6:30-9:30PM
Fee: AMD 75,000
About the instructor: Mr. Ara Khachatryan joined Galaxy Concern as the Chief Finance Officer, and is currently the Deputy CFO of one of the companies of the Group. He is leading an international team and is coordinating all the finance functions for the companies under his supervision. He is a professional mentor and coach for ACCA students, and has 6 years of experience in teaching/lecturing in subjects of Financial Management, Performance Management, Management Accounting and Financial Accounting. Ara Khachatryan has worked in consulting, auditing and finance fields in international companies for 12 years. The professional experience included an employment in a big-four firm – PwC for 3 years, including a midterm secondement to Russia. Ara is a Member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK, London. He has Master’s degree in Business Administration and is currently working on thesis to have the second Master`s degree in Finance in University of London, UK, London.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.