Visiting Fellowship Programme
The ASC Leiden hosts visiting research fellows in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly (Leiden ASA), a network for cooperation between Leiden based Africanists. Visiting research fellows use their time in Leiden for data analysis and/or writing, often on a joint project with one or more ASCL staff members and with Africanists at other institutes or faculties of Leiden University. A visiting research fellowship is for a maximum of 90 days.
Apart from the regular visiting research fellowship programme, the ASCL also offers a joint fellowship programme with the IIAS (International Institute for Asian Studies).
The current Call for Applications is for the period January-February-March 2018. The deadline for sending in your application is 1 July 2017.
A research fellowship includes:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
- Accommodation in Leiden: a fellow is provided with his/her own bed/sitting room (suitable for one person only). Kitchen and bathroom are to be shared with a maximum of two other fellows (male/female). If the offered accommodation is unaccaptable for the fellow he/she is requested to look for alternative accommodation him/herself. Alternative accommodation will not be paid for by the fellowship.
- A medical/liability insurance (please note that this insurance does not cover the cost of treatment of a pre-existing medical condition).
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Research fellows are divided over three periods of three months each: January-February-March, April-May-June, September-October-November.
The deadline for sending in an application for the period January-February-March 2018 is 1 July 2017.
Self financed visitors
Self financed visitors can request to spend some time at the ASCL for research purposes. They will be offered a desk and computer (depending on availability) and they can make full use of the ASCL's library facilities. The ASCL cannot offer these guests assistance in travel arrangements, visa application and/or finding accommodation.
For more information on the regular fellowship programme or on self financed visits, contact Maaike Westra: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.