The Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship program is QUT's premier offering for students with outstanding academic achievement.
Open date: 4 August 2016
Closing date: 18 November 2016
- be graduating Year 12 in 2016 or have graduated Year 12 in 2015
- have an OP 1 or 2 (or equivalent) excluding bonus OPs/ranks
- be starting university for the first time in 2017
You must also be one of:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- an international student who has completed high school in Australia.
Other Vice-Chancellor Scholarships:
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship - Creative Industries
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship - Elite Athlete
What you receive
You'll receive one of:
- 110 scholarships worth $30,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of $3,750 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the standard duration of your course, for up to four years ($7,500 per year).
- 37 scholarships worth $10,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a study stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the first four semesters of your course.
Other benefits may include:
- an accelerated program of study
- early access to research opportunities
- membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- the opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program
- access to QUT's Leadership, Development and Innovation Program.
Successful applicants from our Science and Engineering Faculty who achieve an average grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in their first semester will be invited to apply for a place in the Dean's Scholars Program from Semester 2, 2016.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5.00 or higher in each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to 12 months (in accordance with our student rules), but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time.
- defer your scholarship offer.
If you defer your course, you can reapply for the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship the following year, provided that you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime.
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact our Scholarships Coordinator.
The Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship is our premier offering for high achievers. We award over 180 scholarships annually, worth $4.2 million.
In addition to the financial support, the program helps you to make the most of your QUT experience through extra development opportunities, which build your leadership skills and professional networks.
For more details please click on the "Further official information" link below.