Postgraduate excellence scholarships worth £3,000 are available to graduates with a first-class degree from a UK institution who progress immediately from undergraduate to masters level study with us in 2016.
The scholarship amounts to a £3,000 discount on the standard tuition fee for full-time masters study. For part-time students it is only available for the first two years of study, with the £3,000 discount on the standard tuition fee being divided pro-rata according to the number of credits studied per year.
Who is eligible?
The Vice-Chancellor's postgraduate excellence scholarship is only available to graduates who obtain a first-class degree from a UK institution in 2015/16.
Eligible graduates must be applying to start a masters course in 2016 or for deferred entry (maximum one year).
The scholarship amounts to a £3,000 discount on the standard tuition fee for full-time masters study.
The scholarship is also open to part-time students, but only for the first two years of study, with the £3,000 discount on the standard tuition fee being divided pro-rata according to the number of credits studied per year.
This scholarship is open to students from outside of the UK/EU providing they also meet all of the criteria.
Graduates taking advantage of this scholarship will not be eligible for the standard 10 per cent alumni discount or any other University of Brighton postgraduate scholarship for the same course.
This scholarship is only available to eligible students on the following courses:
Accounting, economics and finance
- Economics and Finance MSc
- Finance and Accounting MSc
- Finance and Banking MSc
- Finance and Investment MSc
- Architectural and Urban Design MA
- Interior Design MA
Arts and design
- Arts and Cultural Research MRes
- Arts and Design By Independent Project MA
- Craft MA
- Creative Media MA
- Digital Media Arts MA
- Ethics of Art and Design MA
- Fine Art MA
- Inclusive Arts Practice MA
- Performance and Visual Practices MA
- Photography MA
- Sequential Design and Illustration MA
- Sustainable Design MA
Biological and biomedical sciences
- Biomedical Sciences MSc
- Bioscience MRes
Business, management and marketing
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Management MSc
- International Retail Management MSc
- Law CPE PGDip
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Management (Entrepreneurship) MSc
- Management (Human Resources) MSc
- Management (Innovation) MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Marketing (Branding and Communication) MSc
- Marketing (International Marketing) MSc
- Marketing (Social Marketing) MSc
- Retail Management MSc
- Computing MSc
- Computer Science MSc
- Digital Media Production MSc
- Information Systems MSc
- Internet and Distributed Systems MSc
- User Experience Design MSc
Construction and built environment
- Civil Engineering MSc
- Construction Management MSc
- Project Management for Construction MSc
- Town Planning MSc
Education and teaching
- Education MA
- Ethics of Education MA
- Professional Education Studies PGCert
How to apply
Eligible graduates do not need to apply separately for this scholarship - it will be awarded automatically if your application is successful and you enrol on your course.
If you are interested in studying an eligible course but are yet to apply, you should go ahead and submit your application online in the normal way. If you are offered a place, we will automatically identify you as an eligible graduate and award you the scholarship on commencement of your studies.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must apply for your course by September/October 2016.