Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2017. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will open mid-November 2016.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
20-25 scholarships are available for 2017-2018, divided over the 6 Graduate Schools.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1 (00:00 Dutch time). Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before December 1; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: