Problem-Solving Skills for University Success
In this course, you will learn how to develop your Problem Solving and Creativity Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Recognise the importance and function of problem solving and creative thought within academic study and the role of critical thought in creative ideation.
2. Develop a toolkit to be able to identify real problems and goals within ill-defined problems
3. Recognize and apply analytical problem solving techniques
4. Recognise and apply creative problem solving techniques
5. Identify the use of creativity within and types of problems most common to your field
6. Apply learnt problem solving and creative ideation skills to a real-life context and reflect on personal learning processes
This course is a high-level academic skills course designed to increase your level of academic preparedness prior to commencement of your studies in an English-medium university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture. The course may also benefit learners who have already commenced their studies and would like to further improve their academic skills to support and increase their chance for success at university.