Fully-funded 3-year PhD Scholarship - The Macroeconomic Effects of Implementing the Inclusive Growth Agenda
This PhD studentship will focus on the macroeconomic effects of the inclusive growth agenda. This includes, but is not limited to, living wage, preventative health spending, investment in human capital and distributional aspects of economic growth. The research programme will involve extending multi-sectoral macroeconomic modelling framework (AMOS), to include key elements of inclusive growth.
The objectives of this project are:
- The creation of a flexible macroeconomic tool capable of simulating issues related to inclusive growth
- Quantifying system-wide effects of the elements of inclusive growth agenda. The system will automatically track impacts on (aggregate and sectoral) economic activity and the distribution of income, and so will provide quantitative information on any trade-offs or “double dividends”
- Production of high quality evidence useful in identifying macroeconomic consequences across a wide range of potential inclusive growth policy options
- High level and high impact knowledge exchange with key stakeholder groups, including the Scottish Government and Parliament, to enrich the dialog and contribute to the public debate in this area.
Enquiries to: Professor Graeme Roy, Fraser of Allander Institute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative contact and how to apply:
At this stage, we are inviting applicants to apply for the scholarship only. The successful candidate will then be asked to complete an application for PhD study at Strathclyde.
All applications should include:
- a cover letter indicating the candidate's relevant skills/experience and how they can contribute to this research
- a CV and relevant qualification transcripts.
- two references
When sending the above documents please use the following file-naming convention: fullname_typeofdocument
Please note that incomplete applications or applications with files that do not follow the above format will not be considered.
Apply now by emailing Dr Katerina Lisenkova - email@example.com with the subject heading 'Inclusive Growth PhD Application'.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.