International Excellence Scholarship 2021 entry
The International Excellence Scholarship is available to international students who will be studying at St Andrews for an undergraduate degree starting in 2021 with an Overseas fee status. The Selection Committee seeks applicants who are gifted students with academic excellence. The successful scholars will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
Domicile for fee status
Level of study
Year of entry
Entrants in 2021
(Please note that this scholarship is not available to students who are transferring to St Andrews, or to those who have deferred entry.)
All excluding Medicine
(Please note that this scholarship is not available to students applying for BA International Honours.)
All excluding Medicine
- Only available to students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree (this includes direct entry into year two of course).
- The Selection Committee seeks applicants who are gifted students with academic excellence. The successful scholars will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
- You will be required to provide a statement of motivation in support of your application (not more than 250 words). This should include your reasons for applying for the Scholarship, explaining how you would expect to benefit from the opportunities the award provides, and describing how you think you might contribute to the community while studying at the University of St Andrews. Also include details of academic achievements which you believe would make you a good candidate for this scholarship.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be expected to engage with our Student Ambassadors Scheme. Work through the scheme is varied, but will likely entail engaging in outreach activities and assisting our Admissions staff with events aimed at prospective students and offer holders to help share your experience of being a student at St Andrews.
- You will also be required to provide two references; both an academic and personal letter of recommendation (not more than 200 words each).
- The academic reference could be from a teacher, college counsellor or someone who knows your academic capabilities well.
- The personal reference should be given from a non-family member who will serve as a personal character reference. For example an academic advisor who is aware of your personal attributes, a current or former employer, senior staff member in an organisation where you have volunteered.
- If, due to school policy, you are unable to upload your references please upload a document detailing the name and email address of your referee and ask them to email the reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by the scholarship deadline.
It is extremely important that you apply to us for funding giving complete and accurate information.
Your course and funding application are not linked and applying for funding in no way impedes your course application.
Annually for the duration of the student's undergraduate programme
Value (per year)
Type of award
To cover tuition fees and a contribution towards living costs
Number of awards available
(Note: all scholarships will only be awarded if suitable candidates are found)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: