University of Sheffield Scholarships for students from Thailand
The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Thailand who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2016.
Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng
Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships
We are pleased to offer scholarships to all international students starting their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Arts, and the School of Law in September 2016:
Engineering International Scholarships - https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/ugengineering
Science International Scholarships - https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/ugscience
Law International Scholarships - http://www.shef.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/uglaw
Arts International Scholarships - http://shef.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/ugarts
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
Thailand Sheffield Scholarships 2016
We are pleased to offer the Thailand Sheffield Scholarship 2016 to all Thai students starting a Taught Masters program in September 2016.
The scholarships are:
£2,000 if your tuition fees are between £15,250 and £17,250
£2,500 if your tuition fees are £17,251 and upwards
You are a student of MSc in Global Marketing Management or any of our MSc Nanofolio courses jointly run with the University of Leeds. Under these circumstances your Scholarship will be £1,250 only, the £2,000 and £2,500 discounts above will not apply.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters program in September 2016.
- You must be a national or permanently domiciled of Thailand.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one-year scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Scholarship is for each year of the Taught Masters Programme, however, it is not available for each year of a New Route Ph.D. course. The scholarship is only available for the first year of study.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programs will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the program studied at and the percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield. E.g. Studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship of £1000 will be applied, representing 50% of the full scholarship amount.
* Government or governmental organization – international, national or regional; research council; Charity; private enterprise; or any similar organization.
Thailand Merit Postgraduate Scholarships
There are two Thailand Merit Postgraduate Scholarships 2016 available for Thai students starting their postgraduate taught master's degree studies in September 2016.
The scholarship is worth 50% of the Postgraduate yearly tuition fee. The scholarships will take the form of a fee reduction.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for fee purposes and a Thai national or permanently domiciled in Thailand.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply online, the application link will be distributed to eligible students by email from January onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
The deadline for applications is Friday 24 June 2016, scholarship results will be announced Friday 29 July 2016
Postgraduate research degrees eg Ph.D., MPhil
The University of Sheffield does not offer research studentships specifically for Thai students. There are, however, studentships and funding for which students from Thailand can apply:
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: