The University of Reading provides an extensive range of scholarships to master’s students. Some awards are offered directly by the University, others are allocated to our students by external funding bodies and a few are jointly funded.
The University of Reading’s Master’s Scholarships Scheme offers two funding opportunities:
- scholarships that are centrally-funded and for which all master’s students are eligible (General Scholarships)
- scholarships provided by our schools and which are course-specific (Subject Scholarships).
Students can usually be considered for both types of award. Successful candidates may be offered one or both of these scholarships.
- In order to apply, a candidate must have received an offer of admission to one our master’s courses.
- These scholarships take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- Study may be on a full-time or part-time basis but flexible learning (modular) master’s courses are excluded.
- There are two types of scholarships – those for international students and those for UK/Republic of Ireland students, whose tuition fees are ordinarily lower.
- Tuition fees are confirmed when an offer of admission is made.
- Scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of previous academic accomplishment.
Full terms and conditions are provided with the application form and in submitting a scholarship application the candidate is deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
The University has allocated £200,000 in partial scholarships for students commencing their master’s degree studies in the 2021/22 academic year. The value of awards is as follows:
- UK/Republic of Ireland students – £2,000 each
- International students – £4,000 each.
Applications are open now and will close on 20 July 2021.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.