Civil War and Revolution: Britain Divided, 1640-1660
The Civil Wars which swept across the British Isles in the seventeenth century left few lives untouched. For many it was 'a world turned upside down as fathers fought sons, and brother killed brother. We will explore the causes, conduct and significance of the English Civil Wars.
Provide a comprehensive introduction to the general narrative of events known as the English Civil War between 1625 - 1662, the personalities and issues involved and some of the long-term consequences of the conflict.Course Objectives
- To provide a narrative of the English Civil War.
- To introduce the key personalities in the conflict and their significance.
- To discuss some of the major political and religious ideas of the period.
- To discuss some of the long-term significance of the conflict.
- Guided reading of contemporary document extracts.
- Set questions on document extracts.
- Use of visual imagery.
- Discussion sessions.
- Creating a glossary of religious terms and sects.
- Case studies of relevant incidents, events and personalities.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.