Postdoctoral Fellow - Education for sustainable development
A position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (SKO 1352) is vacant at the Department of Teacher Education and School Research (ILS) within the field of Education for sustainable development (ESD).
The successful candidate will take part in an interdisciplinary research collaboration working on ESD in teacher education and schools, and is expected to take a leading role in developing the research agenda at ILS, by strengthening and developing existing projects and initiating new ones. We are seeking candidates with a background in fields relevant to ESD, and with an interest in interdisciplinary work.
The department welcomes research proposals related to ESD such as (but not limited to) individual and collective identity formation among students regarding environmental citizenship, sustainable agency, the role of conflict and discussion in ESD, and students’ discourses on ethics and values like respect for nature, justice and equity. We welcome proposals that focus on teacher education as well as proposals focusing on school at lower and upper secondary levels.
We are seeking highly motivated and competent candidates who are willing and able to participate actively in the research community in the department. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the research front within ESD and publish articles in recognized international journals.
It is expected that the candidate is affiliated with one of the following research groups organized by The Department of Teacher Education and School Research: Studies of Instruction across Subjects and Competences or Teacher Professionalism and Educational Change: Practices, Purposes, Policies.
The appointment requires a PhD or a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in a relevant discipline. A prerequisite for applicants who have not yet defended their thesis is that the PhD work is submitted for assessment before the closing date for applications. Appointment to the post-doctoral position is dependent on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved.
The assessment of the applications will emphasize:
- The quality of the project description
- The applicants’ publications and academic and personal qualifications for conducting the project
- Personal suitability and motivation for the post
- Ability to collaborate nationally and internationally and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the area
- Familiarity with the Norwegian school system and teaching experience from secondary school or teacher education
Sufficient Scandinavian language skills to conduct fieldwork in Norway are necessary. Applicants from countries outside the Nordic countries where English is not the official language must attach a TOEFL test with minimum score of 600 unless they have a diploma from a university in an English-speaking country.
Applications must be sent electronically via Easycruit and must contain:
- Letter of application
- List of publications
- Certified copies of diplomas and testimonials
- Project description, including progress plan and budget (max. 10 pages). It is assumed that the applicant will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment
- Any academic works that must be taken into account in the assessment (up to 10 academic works)
The application must be written in English or in a Scandinavian language.
As a general rule interviews will form part of the appointment process.
- Salary between NOK 486 100 and NOK 567 100 per year
- A positive and stimulating working environment
- Pension arrangements in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive working life enterprise
- Attractive welfare arrangements
The University of Oslo has an Acquisition of Rights Agreement for all employees for the purpose of securing intellectual property rights to research results etc.
Pursuant to section 25, paragraph 2 of the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list even though the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo also aims to recruit more individuals with an immigrant background to academic positions. Candidates with an immigrant background are encouraged to apply.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: