Postdoctoral Fellow -"Teachers´ Effect on Student Outcomes"
Applications are invited for a position as a Postdoctoral fellow (SKO 1352) at the Department of Teacher Education and School Research (ILS) at the University of Oslo.
The position involves collecting and analyzing data from the project “Teachers’ Effects on Student Outcomes TESO” funded by the FINNUT-program of the Research Council of Norway. The objective of this project is to examine the effect of teacher quality and their instruction on student motivation, well-being, and learning gains in mathematics and science.
The appointment is a full-time position and is for a period of three years (10% of which is devoted to required duties, usually in the form of teaching activities).
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
Only candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date may apply for the position. A prerequisite for taking up the position is the successful completion of a doctoral degree.
By the time of appointment the applicants must have:
- A PhD or equivalent in education (e.g. pedagogy or mathematics education) or other social and behavioral sciences (e.g., educational psychology) or in a related field. A topic of the PhD related to teachers’ competence and/or instruction in mathematics or science is considered an advantage.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Suitability and motivation for the position
In addition, the following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Knowledge about assessment in general, and especially about international large-scale assessment
- Experience with the assessment of teachers’ and/or students’ competences
- Experience with analyzing data with statistical software such as SPSS, Mplus or R or software to analyze videos such as NVivo
- Plans for high-quality research within the project, as evidenced by a required project description (maximum 8 – 10 pages)
- Experience with working in schools and/or with teachers
- Applicants must have the capacity for independent academic work at a high level, preferably documented through publications in high quality journals
- Other qualifications that meet the objectives of this position
When evaluating the application, emphasis will be given to the applicant’s academic and personal prerequisites, and to the project description.
- Salary NOK 515 200 – 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- A stimulating and attractive working environment
- Professional support through the research group LEA
- Collaboration with researchers within Norway and internationally
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: