PhD Research Fellowship in Solid-state electrochemistry
Position as PhD Research Fellow in Solid-state electrochemistry available at Department of Chemistry/ SMN.
No one can be appointed for more than one PhD Research Fellowship period at the University of Oslo. Starting date no later than 01.10.2019
The fellowship will be for a period of 3 years.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
Applicants must hold a Master's degree or equivalent in solid-state electrochemistry, materials chemistry or materials science, with knowledge and experience of synthesis and characterization of inorganic materials and electrochemical measurements. Knowledge and experience with defects and transport in ceramic materials is desirable. We are seeking a candidate who is communicative, quality minded, curious and eager to learn, motivated and self-driven, and fluent in English.
Candidates without a Master’s degree have until 30 June, 2019 to complete the final exam.
- The norm is as follows:
- the average grade point for courses included in the Bachelor’s degree must be C or better in the Norwegian educational system
- the average grade point for courses included in the Master’s degree must be B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- the Master’s thesis must have the grade B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- salary NOK 449 400 – 505 800 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow, (position code 1017)
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.