MPhil/PhD candidature in Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering with scholarship
Applications are invited for MPhil/PhD scholarship at the Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.
Project background and description:
Conventional tissue culture polystyrene (TCPS) dish offers limited surface area for cell culture owning to its 2D planar structure. In addition, usage of trypsin or mechanical scrapper in traditional cell harvesting cleaves cell membrane protein and dissociate confluent cells from growing surface.
The research aims of this project include (i) optimize cell attachment; (ii) promote cell growth; and (ii) minimize invasive cell detachment, by developing 3D nanofibrous scaffold from thermal sensitive polymeric compound in conjunction with reactive growth functionalised additive using electrospinning technique. In vitro biocompatibility tests and cellular response towards new nanocomposite scaffold will be conducted.
The total funding available for this position for three years is worth more than RM200,000.
The position is for three years (1 year MPhil probation in the first instance) and, if appropriate, may be linked to the undertaking of PhD degree.
- Applicants must be a Malaysian
- Possesses a postgraduate MSc degree (Distinction / Merit) or undergraduate MEng/BEng degree (First / second upper class) in Materials / Chemical / Mechanical / Biomedical Sciences or other related disciplines
- An appropriate English Language qualification
- Evidence of an aptitude for research
- Possess a good command of English, both spoken and written
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess own transport with valid driving licence and willing to travel (mainly within KL and Selangor)
- Other necessary attributes include the ability to work independently and to be proactive and resourceful
Interested candidates please email your CV, full academic transcript and abstract of your final year project directly to Dr Tshai Kim Yeow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 September 2017
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
*Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you are advised to read and understand our Notice and Choice Principle Document which is posted in our website at www.nottingham.edu.my/jobs. By submitting your detailed resume, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted our Notice and Choice Principle Document and have consented to providing your sensitive personal data to be processed by us.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: