President's Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards 2017/18
PDS awards offer funding for postgraduate research studies in any subject areas in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, School of Environment, Education and Development, School of Law, Manchester Business School and School of Social Sciences.
The awards are allocated to our most outstanding applicants seeking PhD training opportunities starting from academic year 2017-18. The PDS award will include full Home or Overseas tuition fees and an annual stipend of at least RCUK minimum stipend rate for 2017-18 (yet to be announced).
PDS scholars will:
- be invited to attend a series of events with the opportunity to meet the University’s President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Scholars;
- benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars;
- become a PDS Award ambassador for the University;
- receive a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation;
- benefit from our extensive transferable skills training for PhD researchers.
- Applicants should have (or expect to obtain) a first-class honours degree and a master’s degree with merit or distinction (or equivalent). They should have a track-record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes/accolades for previous research work, setting up research collaborations with other groups etc.
- UK, EU and overseas candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in receipt of AHRC/ESRC fees only studentship are not eligible unless they are also in receipt of maintenance grant from the School or other source at RCUK minimum stipend rate
How to apply
Applications for PDS funding and all supporting documentation must be received in the School by 10 March 2017. Please note that this is a strict deadline and applications received after 5pm on 10th March will not be included in the competition. Incomplete applications will also not be considered.
In order to ensure that you are ready to apply for the funding, please submit your PhD application by 10 February 2017 at the very latest. If you are not in receipt of an offer you will not be included in the competition.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: