V P Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships
The V P Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships are available for postgraduates to support a taught masters in Religious Studies with reference to Hinduism and a taught masters in Anthropology with reference to Hindu culture in South Asia. Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees and provides a maintenance.
A taught masters in Religious Studies with Reference to Hinduism.
- the full-time MA History
- the full-time MA Religion in Global Politics
- the full-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa
- the full-time MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation
A taught masters in Anthropology with Reference to Hindu culture in South Asia
- the full-time MA South Asian Area Studies
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the full-time eligible taught masters programmes by the scholarship application deadline, that is, by 2 April 2020.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2020. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: