THE MURRAY RESEARCH STUDENTSHIP IN EUROPEAN ART OR ARCHITECTURE OF THE MIDDLE AGES AND RENAISSANCE
Outstanding candidates for part-time postgraduate research in the field of European Art or Architecture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance are invited to apply for The Murray Research Studentship. This PhD studentship, based in the Department of History of Art in the School of Arts at Birkbeck and supported by the Murray Bequest, covers part-time home/EU fees and offers a bursary of £5000 per annum for a period of five years. Please note: this studentship is not available for full-time students.
- Qualification type: MPhil/PhD
- Length: up to seven years part time
- Location: London
- Funding for: UK students and applicants / EU students and applicants / international students and applicants.
- Murray fee waiver: Home/EU part-time fee waiver (for 18/19 this was £2,260) and bursary of £5000 for five years.
- Hours: part-time only
- Closing date: the application deadline for funding applications is 5pm on Monday 6 May 2019.
- Interviews: Interviews will be held 22 May 2019 (TBC).
- Enquiries: Dr Robert Maniura
- Peter Murray was Professor of History of Art at Birkbeck from 1967 to 1980. On his death in 1992, his widow, Linda Murray, established a bequest to support the work of the department.
- Applications are welcomed from:
- part-time Home/EU/international applicants to the History of Art MPhil/PhD programme
- part-time History of Arts students currently in the first or second year of study
- Please note: international students/applicants: to be eligible for a Tier 4 visa you must study full-time; the Murray fee waiver is only open to part-time candidates.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.