INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at an international university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university.
THEATRE AND PERFORMANCE
The course aims to:
- introduce you to concepts of drama, theatre and performance and explore these concepts both theoretically and practically
- familiarise you with some fundamentals in theatre historiography with a particular focus on British and Scottish theatre history.
We will explore Scotland’s vibrant theatre scene and allow you to make connections between the practice of performance and theory and history.
- develop skills to present on topics relating to theatre and performance
- engage critically with a broad range of live culture
- develop critical listening/viewing skills in cultural events, and your awareness of cultural contexts
- develop your communication skills, enhancing your employability.
- GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
If your first language is not English, you must meet our minimum proficiency level:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training) overall score of 6.0, with no sub test less than 5.5
- we also accept equivalent scores in other recognised qualifications such as ibTOEFL, CAE, CPE and more
- visit eligibility
To attend the International Summer School you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a current student enrolled at an international higher education institution
- If your first language is not English, we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent)
- Most courses require a GPA of at least 3.0. Please refer to the individual courses for details.
Special circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that you should also refer to individual course descriptions as some courses may ask for additional requirements.