University of Essex Social Sciences Doctoral Scholarships
We're a world leader in social sciences, ranked 4th in the UK for research excellence. Our training of the next generation of social scientists is supported by the University of Essex Social Sciences Doctoral Scholarships.
If you have an excellent academic background, the potential for future achievement you could be eligible. Once awarded, you'll receive the scholarship for three years of your PhD (subject to satisfactory progression). The scholarship includes:
- a fee waiver equal to the Home/EU fee (international students will need to pay the balance of their fees)
- a doctoral stipend equivalent to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend (£14,296 in 2016-17)
- a training bursary of £250 per year
- Proficio funding, which can be used to 'buy' advanced skills training
You can apply for this scholarship if you have been offered a place at Essex for a full-time PhD, Integrated PhD or Professional Doctorate, starting in October 2017-18.
MPhil, Doctor of Medicine, Masters by Dissertation 1+3 Doctorates and all part-time courses are excluded.
The departments participating in the University of Essex Social Sciences Doctoral Scholarship scheme for 2017-18 are Economics, Essex Business School, Government, Language and Linguistics and Sociology.
After you apply
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on:
- academic ability - based on previous academic qualifications, normally a Masters degree with distinction or merit
- research potential - based on the candidate's research proposal submitted with their application, as well as their statement on the scholarship application form
- professional development potential - based on the candidate's skills, aptitudes and potential to support their department's undergraduate teaching or research activities
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: