Open Civic Engagement Scholarship
The Open Civic Engagement Scholarships support outstanding all-round students at the University of East London. The scholarships are open to all international students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes. UEL’s vision in founding the Scholarship is to develop leaders with a keen sense of public duty.The following scholarships are available under this scheme: 1. UG Civic Engagement Scholarship – up to £3,000 (first year entry point only) 2. PG Civic Engagement Scholarship – up to £2,500.
We use four key criteria in selecting scholars
• Academic Excellence
• Commitment to public service
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out the online scholarship application form.
Remember: You must have filled out an application to study at UEL prior to applying for the scholarship (we will ask for your UEL application reference number)
1. Students who meet the criteria above will automatically be invited to apply for our scholarship scheme. Decisions will be based on the quality of the student’s application. Applications will be assessed by the International Recruitment team and the Civic Engagement Director. All decisions are final.
2. Students will receive confirmation of their scholarship in their offer letter. UEL will also endeavour to send all successful students a personalised letter of congratulations from the Head of International. Scholarships will only be awarded to students who have met the academic conditions of the offer and made a 50% deposit payment by the deadline.
3. There are a limited number of scholarships available. UEL is under no obligation to award all scholarships, should the quality of the applications be insufficient.
4. Applications received after the scholarship application deadlines will not be considered.
5. Successful students will only be allowed to hold one scholarship.
More important information: Please note that these scholarships are open to applicants who meet the criteria listed in the terms and conditions. All recipients will receive an updated Letter of Acceptance with the awarded scholarship.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: