Birmingham Masters Scholarship scheme
We are offering over 80 awards of £2,000 to support the brightest and best applicants wishing to undertake Masters study at the University during 2020-21.
We want you to excel at Birmingham and to stand out in an increasingly competitive, global job market once you graduate. Alongside our robust personal and academic support, we offer financial support to ensure the very best candidates can undertake postgraduate study with us.
The Birmingham Masters scholarships will be awarded to at least 80 candidates beginning their Masters study in 2020 and awards will be based on previous academic and/or professional performance. Candidates are expected to attain a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1) Honours degree (or the equivalent) for their undergraduate qualification and to provide a strong personal statement in evidence of their achievements
The Birmingham Master Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- Domiciled in the UK or EU — students recorded as Home or EU for fee status purposes are eligible, provided that they meet the other eligibility criteria;
- Studying full time or part time for a maximum of two years — a standard taught Masters course lasts one year if taken on a full-time basis, or two years if taken part time. Full-time courses that last two years are eligible. Any course that lasts longer than two years is not eligible for the funding;
- Self-funded — you must be self-funding or applying for a postgraduate government loan to pay your fees and living expenses;
- Not already registered on a postgraduate programme — applicants must not currently be enrolled on a postgraduate degree course;
- Undertaking a Masters course in an eligible subject — award nomination will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievements and previous study
- Professional qualifications and achievements
- Strength of the personal statement
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.